A new McDonald's restaurant will opening Monday, Nov. 12, at 1460 W. Chinden Blvd. in the Eagle Island Marketplace. The restaurant owned and operated by Boise-based Darmody Enterprises will have a double-lane drive-through window, plasma large-screen television and free wi-fi. The restaurant will employ about 60 people.
The grand opening on Nov. 12 includes:
- a contest to win a camcorder/camera
- special prices on hamburgers, cheeseburgers and Egg McMuffins
- free drink samples
- free coffee for active-duty and retired military with ID
- free face painting from 5 to 7 p.m.
- two appearances (11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.) by Ronald McDonald
One dollar of every Extra Value Meal sold will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho.