The Statesman went pink this week — if you missed it, check out our coverage in the newspaper with sports, features, advice from St. Luke's and from Saint Alphonsus and two first-person stories, and in Business Insider with our profile of local employers supporting the effort.
October is breast cancer awareness month, and local retailers are donating proceeds to help cure and prevent the disease. Here's a list of some of them:
- Apricot Lane Boutique at the Boise Towne Square mall is giving a $5 coupon to customers who make in-store donations of $1 to the Breast Cancer Society, throughout the month of October. They're throwing a pink party Saturday, Oct. 20 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., with 25 percent off the entire store, refreshments and raffles. The boutique also is selling a line of pink bracelets from which 50 percent of net profits will go to the Breast Cancer Society.
- Business Interiors of Idaho is raffling off a Haworth Lively ergonomic task chair. All proceeds go to the local Susan G. Komen affiliate. The chair retails for $429, and tickets are $1 each, no limit on how many you can buy. Enter by Oct. 31 at their showroom on South Capitol between Main and Grove streets in Boise.
- The Human Bean coffee shops will donate all proceeds from Oct. 19 sales to the local Susan G. Komen affiliate.
- Dutch Bros. coffee shops are selling $12 pink travel mugs filled with a drink of choice all through October and donating proceeds to breast cancer screenings for uninsured and underinsured women.
- Master Cuts in the Boise Towne Square mall is giving 10 percent of its Oct. 13 haircut proceeds to the Regis Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.
- At the Boise Towne Plaza, Ulta Beauty is having a breast cancer awareness cut-a-thon Oct. 14 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. They're giving a free haircut and shampoo for every donation of $10 or more.
- Graeber & Co. salon and spa will donate a portion of proceeds from Pink Ribbon Hand Relief to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Know of any others? Please comment below or send me an email.