To our readers
You will notice that our commenting section looks a bit different. Disqus, our partner who provides our commenting solution, recently made changes to their product.
Some of the immediate things you'll notice:
* You can click the up arrow under a comment to let everyone know you liked the comment. Click the down arrow on comments you find less helpful to the conversation.
* You can follow particular users and view their other posts by clicking the Community tab above the comments section.
Our commenting policy remains the same. You will notice that we are more actively blocking users who repeatedly violate the policy. In particular, do not attack others or use offensive language even if you don't agree with the politics or opinions of the other person. (Often the people who complain to us about a particular user are just as guilty of using inappropriate language.)
What You Should Know About Comments on IdahoStatesman.com
IdahoStatesman.com is happy to provide a forum for reader interaction, discussion, feedback and reaction to our stories. However, we reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments or ban users who can't play nice.
* Don't flag a comment just because you disagree with the opinion. The goal of story comments is to allow discussion, not just one point of view.
* Don't insult one another or the subjects of our articles. If you think a comment violates our guidelines, click the "report abuse" button to notify us. Responding to the comment will only encourage bad behavior by those folks who just want the attention.
* Don't use profanities, vulgarities or hate speech. This is a general interest news site. Sometimes, there are children present. Don't say
anything in a way you wouldn't want your own child to hear. Or anything you wouldn't want your mother to hear.
* Do not attack other users; focus your comments on issues, not individuals.
* Stay on topic. Only post comments relevant to the article at hand.
* Don't repeat the same comment over and over. We heard you the first time.
* Do not use the commenting system for advertising. That's spam and it isn't allowed.
* Don't use all capital letters. That's akin to yelling and not
appreciated by the audience.
Online Initiatives Editor