The back-to-school fashion event at Boise Towne Square mall is coming up this weekend, with sales and live concerts by Dylan Hyde, a 15-year-old pop artist who was born deaf but has undergone surgeries to restore his hearing. The event is in collaboration with Teen Vogue magazine.
Hyde will perform Saturday at 1 p.m. and again at 3 p.m. at the mall's center court near Sears. Several stores in the mall — including Kohl's, American Eagle and Aeropostale — will have one-day sales.
Another event Aug. 18 will spotlight fall fashions. The event will include "style stations" and wardrobe tips from local fashion blogger StyleSpyGirl. Shoppers who spend $100 will get a $10 gift card. That's also the day Nakedology, a new cosmetics store, is slated to open on the lower level next to Macy's.
Some other upcoming events at the mall:
- Sept. 8: American Girl Model Call at the center court
- Sept. 4 to Oct. 31: DonorsChoose.org drive, a local and national campaign to support schools and teachers
- Oct. 5: "It's All about Support" Susan G. Komen event with Dillards
- Oct. 12 and 13: Celebrate Schools event
- Oct. 16: Celebrity appearance (stay tuned for the name) and comic book show
- Nov. 8: New store opening (H&M)