Eagles guitarist and singer Joe Walsh will headline the grand opening of Revolution Concert House and Event Center, a 2,200-capacity venue at Glenwood Street and Chinden Boulevard in Garden City.
The Aug. 22 concert will kick off a new era for the Boise music scene. The 20,000-square-foot space claims to be the biggest concert house and event center in the Northwest. It's certainly the biggest in the Treasure Valley. As I explained back in January, a mid-sized venue should open up a fresh spectrum of artists for this market. And it could result in more-affordable prices for certain acts.
Although Revolution is more than twice the size of the 999-capacity Knitting Factory Concert House, the venues definitely will compete. Here’s the initial slate of shows at Revolution. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday, June 22, for the events that have prices listed:
• Joe Walsh - Grand Opening - Aug. 22 - $49.50 general admission, $149.50 VIP (only 100 available), Ticketfly.
• Michael Franti & Spearhead, Ziggy Marley - Aug. 28 - $39.50, $59.50 VIP (only 100), Ticketfly.
• Boise Tactical Expo - Sept. 22 - info TBA
• George Thorogood & The Destroyers - Sept. 26 - $29.50 Tickets, $49.50 VIP (only 100), Ticketfly.
• The Music of Abba (Arrival from Sweden) – Oct. 5 - info TBA
• DJ Steve Aoki – Oct. 24 - info TBA
• Chef Robert Irvine of Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible” - Cooking Seminar and Show – Nov. 18 - info TBA
• Alice Cooper, Halestorm - Nov 21st- $35 Tickets, $55 VIP (only 100), Ticketfly.