By Brian Murphy
Chris Petersen in the post-game: lots of questions about the great Kellen Moore; not happy with the kicking game (Boise State missed two extra points). Injuries: Said DT Darren Koontz left the game, but did not think it was serious.
After a strong run from Doug Martin on the first play from scrimmage, Boise State's drive fizzled with two dropped passes. Toledo converted a third-and-15 and a third-and-9 en route to a touchdown.
UT — Danny Noble 24 pass from Austin Dantin (kick failed), 11:35. Key play: Adonis Thomas took a screen pass for 20 yards on third-and-15 and Dantin kept on the option for 20 yards on third-and-8. Drive: 8 plays, 64 yards, 2:02. Toledo 6, Boise State 0
BSU — Tyler Shoemaker 26 pass from Kellen Moore (Dan Goodale kick), 6:56. Key play: Tailback Doug Martin took a swing pass 22 yards on third-and-5 and outran a defender to the edge for a 7-yard gain on fourth-and-1. Drive: 9 plays, 68 yards, 4:33. Boise State 7, Toledo 6
BSU — Martin 71 pass from Moore (Goodale kick failed), 2:45. Key play: Martin took the pass wide to the left, slashed all the way across the field through traffic and bolted to the end zone. Drive: 4 plays, 87 yards, 1:28. Boise State 13, Toledo 6
BSU — Tyler Shoemaker 1 pass from Moore (Michael Frisina kick), :17. Key play: Matt Miller made a 22-yard catch, Kirby Moore grabbed a 24-yarder and Shoemaker made a nifty catch on a fade in the end zone. Drive: 7 plays, 64 yards, 1:05. Boise State 20, Toledo 6
UT — Ryan Casano 34 field goal, :00. Key play: Frisina kicked off out of bounds, giving the Rockets the ball at their own 49-yard line, and Eric Page made a 19-yard catch. Drive: 4 plays, 34 yards, :17. Boise State 20, Toledo 9
BSU — Kyle Efaw 12 pass from Moore (Frisina kick), 6:30. Key play: Moore absorbed a hit while firing a 20-yard pass to tight end Gabe Linehan to get the driving going. Toledo helped with three penalties for 31 yards. Drive: 8 plays, 89 yards, 2:15. Boise State 27, Toledo 9
BSU — Shoemaker 18 pass from Moore (Frisina kick failed), 5:58. Key play: Martin got the running game going, moving the Broncos much of the way down the field. Drive: 6 plays, 56 yards, 3:12. Boise State 33, Toledo 9
UT — Adonis Thomas 1 run (Casano kick failed), 4:33. Drive: 6 plays, 73 yards, 1:20. Boise State 33, Toledo 15
BSU — Drew Wright 8 run (Frisina kick), 1:30. Drive: 6 plays, 43 yards, 3:03. Boise State 40, Toledo 15.
• Boise State did not travel either of their top two fullbacks — Dan Paul (ankle) or Chandler Koch (leg) — to Toledo for Friday night's Boise State-Toledo game. Neither played in the opener against Georgia. Defensive tackle Michael Atkinson played the first snap at fullback.
• Offensive lineman Joe Kellogg did make the trip.
• Safety Cedric Febis, who missed the opener against Georgia with eligibility concerns, is on the trip and expected to play.
• Bronco Beat writer Chadd Cripe has a blog post on what to watch for in tonight's game.
• There will be pregame and halftime fireworks at the Glass Bowl.
• Toledo is also dealing with some injuries. LB Dan Mulls is out. LB Robert Bell is questionable after being listed as out earlier in the week.
Senior CB Taikwon Paige is doubtful and will not start. Freshman CB Keith Suggs will get the start. The Rockets also lost starting safety Mark Singer for the year before the season.
• My column on how Boise State's recruiting and scheduling locations don't always match up.
• Quiet impact: Development of young offensive linemen pays off for Boise State
You can follow Murph's Turf on Twitter.
You can find links to stories, photos and video by being a fan of Brian Murphy on Facebook.