Another Capital High football player is bound for Boise State.
Senior Corey Bell has verbally committed to the Broncos, he told the Statesman on Wednesday night.
"It's always been a goal of mine, so I am really excited," said Bell, a 5-foot-11, 200-pound safety/running back. "It's going to be really cool. I can't explain how excited I am."
He'll be the fifth Capital player on BSU's roster, joining tight end Kyle Efaw, defensive end Jarrell Root, wide receiver Geraldo Hiwat and tight end Kyle Sosnowski. He played two seasons at Capital with Sosnowski and one season with Hiwat.
A three-year starter at safety for Capital (5-0, 2-0 5A Southern Idaho Conference Division 1), Bell has helped the Eagles limit opponents to 232 yards and 11.4. points per game this season, tops in the conference. He has 24 tackles — six for loss — and one sack through five games.
On offense, he has 51 carries for 345 yards and six touchdowns, and has 11 receptions for 155 yards and a touchdown.
"We're really excited about him committing to Boise State," Capital coach Todd Simis said. "I don't think there's a better place for a young man to play college football. ... He personifies the Eagle way with hard work, a selfless attitude, commitment and toughness. That's what they are all about, too. He's the right type of guy to keep that thing going down at BSU."
Bell said Boise State's plan is to develop him as a nickel, which is a similar position to what he plays for Capital's defense.
"One of the most exciting things for me is the coaching staff," Bell said. "I go from what in my mind is one of the best high school coaching staffs to one of the best in college."
Capital plays Borah at 7 p.m. Friday at Bronco Stadium.
2011 BOISE STATE RECRUITING CLASS
• QB Jimmy Laughrea, 6-2, 185, Rocklin (Calif.) HS
• DE Sam Ukwuachu, 6-5, 203, Pearland (Texas) HS
• WR Dallas Burroughs, 5-8, 165, Rocky Mountain HS (Meridian)
• DT Jeff Worthy, 6-4, 280, Whittier Christian HS (La Mirada, Calif.)
• DL Robert Ash, 6-3, 255, Cosumnes Oaks HS (Elk Grove, Calif.)
• S Taylor Loffler, 6-3, 195, Kelowna (B.C.) Secondary
• OL Rees Odhiambo, 6-3, 298, Mansfield (Texas) Legacy HS
• RB Jay Ajayi, 6-0, 200, Liberty HS (Frisco, Texas)
• LB Blake Renaud, 6-2, 230, De La Salle HS (Concord, Calif.)
• OG Marcus Henry, 6-3, 275, Bellevue (Wash.) HS
• CB Eric Agbaroji, 6-1, 180, Midlothian (Texas) HS
• S Corey Bell, 5-11, 200, Capital HS
Grayshirts from 2010:
• WR Troy Ware, 6-2, 164, Vista (Calif.) HS
• DE Tyler Horn, 6-4, 225, Mountain View HS (Meridian)
• TE Holden Huff, 6-6, 195, Rocklin (Calif.) HS